As in my apple muffins and jamprint cookies, my newest love to bake with is almond flour. Besides being rich in protein and fiber, almond flour adds a richness and chewiness to these yummy gluten free, vegan, grain free chocolate chip cookies. I promise…if someone didn’t tell you that these cookies were lacking the usual flour and butter, you’d never know!
Another great thing about this recipe is that is SO simple to make. My son whipped up a batch in no time…
I basically followed the recipe on the back of the bag of Honeyville Farms Almond Flour with small adjustments to make it totally vegan and dairy free. I love using the Enjoy Life “mega chunk” chocolate chips that I show above. To me they are the best dairy free chocolate chips I’ve tried and they really taste like dark chocolate. (which can sometimes contain dairy). If you can believe it, I cut down the amount of chocolate chips from the original recipe because it was a little too much for my family’s taste. If you’re a chocoholic however, please add a cup or more!
I hope that you try these cookies. No kidding…they’re the best gluten free, vegan cookies that I’ve ever had!
GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN, GRAIN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(adapted from Honeyville Farms recipe)
* 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour–like Honeyville Farms (UNblanched almond meal does not work with this recipe)
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup healthy oil (light olive, grape seed, walnut)
* 1 tablespoon gluten free vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
* 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chip cookies
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Combine dry ingredients in bowl and MIX THOROUGHLY.
3) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
4) Form into 1/2 balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down slightly with thumb to flatten.
5) Bake for 7-10 minutes until slightly brown.