During the holidays, there are delicious treats at every gathering. When you’re a gluten and dairy free kid–like my son however, you typically can’t eat ANY of those yummy treats. Sometimes it just breaks my heart to see the sadness in my son’s eyes at dessert time…
So as busy as the holidays are, I always make sure to try to make a special treat for my son to eat. For one party, I made gluten and dairy free Russian teacakes (his favorite Christmas cookie) to bring. For another, I made his favorite gluten and dairy free chocolate chip cookies. And for another holiday treat, I made quick and easy gluten and dairy free chocolate ganache to top a homemade chocolate cupcake that I had in my freezer. I try to make his treats look as festive as I can–adding a heart shaped strawberry for example.
Gluten and dairy free chocolate ganache is made of two ingredients: 70% cacao (or higher) chocolate and almond milk. (70% cacao chocolate usually does not contain dairy–please check the label) I ALWAYS have these two ingredients in my pantry.
Gluten and dairy free chocolate ganache is so simple and quick to make. It’s luscious, decadent and rich and I hope it will come in handy as a last minute holiday recipe.
And please visit others in our Holiday Blog Hop who are sharing last minute holiday recipes:
Have a joyous…and delicious…Christmas everyone!
GLUTEN AND DAIRY FREE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
* 8 ounces 70% cacao chocolate
* 1 cup almond milk (you can also use organic soy “creamer” or cashew cream)
1) Using a knife, cut the chocolate into fine shards as pictured above. Put in a heat proof bowl.
2) Bring almond milk to just below boiling.
3) Pour almond milk over the chocolate and let it set for a minute.
4) After a minute start stirring until smooth and creamy. * You can then dip or spread on cupcakes, brownies, muffins, or even fruit.
* If I’m going to dip items into the ganache, I keep it warm using a double boiler method.
Linking to: Whole Food Fridays